SUMMER JOURNALISM INTERN FOR ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLES MEDIA WEBSITE
ORGANIZATION PROFILE: Exciting, fast-paced, summer internship in Lower Manhattan with an eco-friendly, healthy lifestyles media site in Lower Manhattan celebrating their first year anniversary.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Need Jack-or-Jill of all trades, in their junior or senior year, who possesses a can-do attitude and drive to meet the demands of a start up media property and brand poised for growth. The intern will report to our Editor/Social Media Specialist.
Responsibilities will include:
• Building followers on social media platforms
• Helping to manage content for social media platforms
• Connecting with brands on behalf of the site to fact check and/or get content
• Developing campaigns to build engagement
• Writing online content
• Coordinating editorial calendars
• Staying in touch with writers and helping them meet deadlines
• Following trends
• Posting stories on WordPress
• Building media lists
• Editing articles
• Representing site at green events
• Linking to complementary sites
• Researching Competition
• Monitoring SEO
• Analyzing and reporting on social media interaction
• Supporting office admin
Our ideal candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter, creative, very interested in healthy lifestyles and sustainable living and able to work in a small team environment.
Excellent opportunity for a dynamic journalism, marketing or PR major to gain real-world, career experience.
REQUIREMENTS (if any): MUST take an interest in a green/eco-friendly lifestyle and be active in and have working knowledge of popular social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and blogs. Knowledge of online media and Word Press a real plus. Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word for MAC computers.
INTERNSHIP PERIOD: Continuous
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
TUITION ASSISTANCE: N
COLLEGE CREDITS: Y
APPLICATION DEADLINE: asap
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please send cover letter along with resume.
Indicate that you learned of our internship position through the Rising Star Internships web site.
30 Broad Street
NY, NY, 10004
Click here to send us an email.
RETURN TO THE RISING STAR HOME PAGE
Rising Star Internships © 2013